Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post Nº 6 The last but not the least!

Dear Students,
Your last assignment is a 300 word essay about the advantages and disadvantages of using blogs in the English classroom.

Here is a description of an essay taken from:

http://www.uefap.com/writing/writfram.htm

The main text of the essay has three main parts:

I. An introduction
II. A main body
III. A conclusion

I. The introduction.
The introduction consists of two parts:
a. It should include a few general statements about the subject to provide a background to your essay and to attract the reader’s attention. It should try to explain why you are writing the essay. It may include a definition of terms in the context of the essay, etc.
b. It should also include a statement of the specific subdivisions of the topic and/or indication of how the topic is going to be tackled in order to specifically address the question.
It should introduce the central idea or the main purpose of the writing.
II. The main body.
The main body consists of one or more paragraphs of ideas and arguments. Each paragraph develops a subdivision of the topic. The paragraphs of the essay contain the main ideas and arguments of the essay together with illustrations or examples. The paragraphs are linked in order to connect the ideas. The purpose of the essay must be made clear and the reader must be able to follow its development.
III. The conclusion.
The conclusion includes the writer’s final points.
a. It should recall the issues raised in the introduction and draw together the points made in the main body
b. and explain the overall significance of the conclusions. What general points can be drawn from the essay as a whole?
It should clearly signal to the reader that the essay is finished and leave a clear impression that the purpose of the essay has been achieved.

I hope it goes well!!
JL

6 comments:

Paulina said...

Hi teacher:
The last week my gmail account was unhabilited. When I has to create a new account.
This is my new Blog.

Bye

Paulina Méndez

:: Antes de mi :: said...

Teacher!.Finally I've found your blogspot (the right one jeje).

La Ani said...

Dear Teacher: I finished all my assigmments. I hope you like it and put me on a good note. I apreciated very much!! jajjajja
Bye Bye

D'Thorand said...

Hi teacher:

Below is the link to my Assignment.

Bye!


Go to Assignment six!!!

juantastico said...

Hi teacher!

Finally I'm done with all the assigments.
You can visit them in the following link:

http://juanglish2.blogspot.com/

See you next week!
Bye!

Juan W.

fantasma said...

Hi teacher,

I read your post at 7:31 AM on Oct 23, 2008 about the third homework "work of Art". For this reason, I'm writting you now, because in that time I referred to "loam", which I'd want to say "Greda".

Thanks. See you,

Bye.